Welcome to TGE Recipes, a place where our favorite bands share the secrets straight from their kitchens. Think your favorite Food Network show except on a purple blog. Today we welcome Tom of Frog.
Tom's Tuna Taters
Broke? Heck yeah. Pass these around at your next pity party!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 nice big sweet potato (the orangey ones - best if its relatively uniform in girth the whole way up and down)
- 2 cans tunafish
- brown mustard
- hot sauce (your fav brand)
- coarse salt
- Thinly slice the sweet potato crosswise
- Get oil and salt on the resulting tater discs
- Into the oven at 400 deg for 30 mins
- Get them out and let them cool while you drain the canned tuna
- Each potato slice gets a dollop of tuna, a squirt of mustard, and a drop or two of hot sauce